Monday, January 07, 2008

So....Scared.

I'm TERRIFIED to get on the scale. Absolutely. Terrified. It's not like when you take a test and you think you did poorly, but you actually aced it, or the other way around. If I think I've gained weight, I have. No doubt about it. So instead of continuing down the buffet line, I've set a date. Wednesday is weigh-in day. I got back on plan last week and got in some exercise, but blew the eating over the weekend. I have GOT to get a handle on that. I mean, it wasn't horrible, but TOM came to town and I was nothing short of ravenous.

So, hopefully we'll kill off some of that water weight and my appetite will come down and this week will be nice and clean.

We thought about joining a gym closer to where we live downtown and the Colorado Athletic Club was an obvious choice. (it SUCKS getting to the gym as we live downtown and Ross works in Golden and me in Boulder and I go to his in Golden.) Not to mention getting home at a reasonable hour is necessary now that we have the dog.

We were invited to try it for 5 visits and we learned that $150 essentially pays for the really nice locker room and the privilege of working out on an elliptical that hasn't been wiped down in forever because why on earth should the important corporate crowd have to clean up after themselves?

But damn, those locker rooms are sweet.

So now we are resigned to running when weather permits (better for the dog, too) and working out on the weekends at the gym. I also got some resistance bands for Christmas and OnDemand is still offering Billy Blanks, so that will have to work.

My problem, and perhaps others as well, is that I really have to motivate myself and focus to make a home workout beneficial and to get a good, long, sweat. I had the great advantage of working where I had a nice fitness center when I lost weight, and now I have to get creative. Not to mention I don't want to completely piss off out downstairs neighbor and I HATE working out at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home