Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Please do not put chocolate/bagels/chips/cookies/doughnuts directly in front of the former fat girl.

Sounds easy enough, right? RIGHT?

I work with 7 people in a building big enough to employ 40 or more (it's a production studio) and I have the biggest desk and I'm the person people see first. It's actually this really nice big cherry wood desk/counter that is modeled after the entrance to a movie theater. It actually is the entrance to our high def screening room. Pretty cool. Please note that I'm avoiding the term "reception" because I'm not. I have been and once you are coined "receptionist", people tend to treat you as such (which totally SUCKS from my experience, but story for another time). I do all sorts of fun stuff, mostly related to production and music supervision. And I do make coffee, but only because I'm the newest (and I guess lowest) on the totem pole, but I get an intern in a few days, so, go me.

ANYWAY. I also work with men. Well, except for the accountant, but she's like a guy anyways (which is awesome). And you know, as unfortunate as it is, guys can get away with grazing upon the goodies that arrive here regularly, but I can't. I get that I have to take some personal responsibility here, but it sucks to literally, have it piled up in front of me.

Today was good , though ;)

We ordered a steadycam from Switzerland and they included a big box of Swiss chocolate squares (like, real Swiss chocolate). I had myself an orange chocolate square and it's amazing what some quality chocolate will do to a chocolate craving. I had one square, and no desire to dive into the pile in front of me. It's that satisfying. YUM.

So, aside from the chocolate, I have been on plan today. Ross is out of town for work, so hopefully I will be motivated to actually go TO the gym. Yesterday I managed a 45 minute tae bo/cardio session mixed with working with the resistance bands Ross got me for Christmas. We ate at Whole Foods and I did really well there, too. A cup of lemon/chx/spinach soup (minus the chicken) and a salad with balsamic and tofu and sprouts.

Today it's:
green smoothie (OJ, selter, blueberries, psyllium, spinach)
carrots (raw)
tomato, chive and ff cottage cheese
all natural crunchy peanut butter (2 tsp) w/ small honeycrisp apple

dinner: mushroom/spinach salad and thai noodle soup?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home