Thursday, July 13, 2006

Huffin and puffin...

Listening to: Appalachain Spring, Aaron Copland

Had my best run yet today! I went for 40 minutes, plus 15 oustide when I got off of work. I just felt like some sunshine I guess. I had some hip trouble, though. I was surprised that it hadn't started acting up sooner so I'll take it as a good sign. Even though my jog is insanely slow, I can see my endurance and stamina increasing. I was a long holdout on this running thing. My memories of the Mile From Hell during school sends chills up my spine. I remember Erin Shae in "Tales From The Scale" talking about how in gym, all she can remember is being the fat kid behind the fat kid, the kid with the limp, and the asthmatic as well as the disgraced look her gym teacher would give her as everyone was sitting in the grass waiting for her to finish. I can remember that same situation, but with one of the popular girls- with the best of intentions- walking beside me and cheering me on. That was equally embarassing.

I guess that's why I eventually chickened out on doing the Shortcut this summer. Organized physical activity in a place where I always failed at that was a mountain to high to climb... but not anymore. I can see myself coming up on the asthmatic now...

So I found this recipe for a tomato sandwich. I had never heard of such a thing. A sandwich whose main ingredient is tomato? It sounded irresistable. And it was. Miracle whip, a little yellow mustard, one whole tomato, a little red onion and salt and pepper. Mmmmm....

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

40 mins that is an accomplishement. You and I were struggling from the same running blocks and I am so happy to hear you are doing better now. Interesting post on the juicefast too.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home