Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Soooooo tired. Good tired.

UGH. It's ironic that I responded to Jaime's post confronting this very issue saying, "don't worry, it's temporary and completely ok" and here I am, FREAKING OUT because the scale shows a 4 pound GAIN since I started this workout regiment. I know better. The thing is though, that maybe I need to more carefully scrutinize what I eat. I have a tendency to "sneak" stuff throughout the day- half a granola bar here, a 100 calorie pack there. It's not gut busting stuff and I pack plenty of healthy stuff, but it adds up. Also, I have had some ridiculously ravenous days where my stomach HURTS I'm so hungry.

When I do that, I can gauge how much trouble I will be in scale-wise, but I've thrown a new variable into the mix...Changing my so-so, barely acceptable workout schedule to my consistent, fail proof routine has seriously rocked my world. And my pants don't even fit better! I just feel BEEFY!

But my plan is in place. I will give it a couple of weeks, see how it goes. I do have to say, I got some resistance bands for Christmas from Ross (Shout out to Ross!) and my arms have NEVER looked better.

Yesterday was not bad eating and workout wise. I walked all over catching buses and traipsing across campus, and then did 30 minutes on the elliptical and swam laps for 25. My body is tired and it's a GOOD tired. It's been too long.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my resistance bands, too.

And I'm really looking forward to lots of swimming this summer!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home