Friday, February 15, 2008

FINALLY!

I am finally losing! After going back and forth between total frustration (and mild complacency) and trying to find "the combination", I have FOUND IT.

It's called, "Eat To Live" by Joel Fuhrman.

I was in Houston hanging out with my dad over the weekend and was able to finally sit down and read it. I also had the benefit of being able to pick my dad's brain about food stuff (my dad has a wall in his office devoted to vegetarian cooking, healthy eating, and "food news" (China Study, E2L, etc...).

So after getting in at 7:30 on sunday morning and promptly going to Boulder for the shoot (and the resulting disaster involving white bread and ham, mac & cheese and fried chicken), I made a decision.


Huh. The above sounds a lot like when I had my epiphany 4 years ago. I was laid up on my couch with a shattered ankle, obese, depressed, and FED UP. I ordered chinese and when it was gone I decided that ENOUGH was ENOUGH. And there it was. I changed my life.

So I have another one of these moments... I feel like crap. I've blown the past 2 weeks of faithfully working out and I decided it just wasn't worth it. I want to lose 20 pounds, dammit and I'm not going to do it by cheat days or "fudging" just a little bit during the day.

I know people bemoan the "all or nothing" mentality, but it seriously works for me. I can't just have one donut or I'll eat the whole box.

So E2L gives me a plan. It removes a LOT, which I've found isn't much in the scheme of the foods I truly love and know give me the best nourishment.

It's vegan.

So all week I've been eating a mix of veggies (LOTS of veggies), fruit (LOTS of fruit-yay!) and legumes and soy (tofu, soymilk, edamame, etc...). I'm sated and feel nothing short of amazing.

I weighed in at 147.7 last Thursday.

This morning I am at 143.

It's curing what ails me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

YAAYYYY Jen!!! That's fantastic! :D I'm so happy for you that you've found something to give you that extra boost you need at this stage in your weight loss. Yayyyy!!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home